Re: log and resume for XY3

Paul -
That was part of a suite of XPL programs I wrote a long time ago, before I
joined Xyquest. It's now on the XyWWWeb site at
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/.

The opening page is very long; just search within the page for Xypower. The
search will take you right to it.

The stuff I wrote for XyIII+ included the log and resume programs (a pair
called Snapshot and Album). Other programs included a file management shell,
a print manager, a super search/extraction thingy, and many more little
things like setting up columns, and even a program to center poetry on the
longest line (monospace type only!).

Caveats: These programs are OLD. There's a lot of spaghetti code, but most
things are pretty carefully documented. Keep in mind that these macros were
developed to run under Windows 3.1; stuff that shells out to DOS may be
quirky or not run at all on NT/2000/\xp platforms - but they're worth trying.
Win 95 seems to be OK.

Updating to Xy4DOS will give you most of the Xypower stuff, and you can run
it like XyIII+. (I know, there's still a learning curve involved in getting
into Xy4. And if you have a LOT of XYIII+ macros, you may not want to bother
with the update.)

Good luck!
Tim Baehr