Keyboard to prevent repetitive stress

Here's how to make a computer keyboard out of a manual typewriter (requires
gaffer tape):

"My wife suffers from repetive stress problems in her fingers and wrists.
Sometime in October we were talking about different keyboards on the market
for people such as herself. In the course of the conversation she mentioned
that she finds old-fashioned mechanical typewriters much easier on her
fingers because they offer gradual resistance rather than the feeling of
moving through air then hitting a wall, like most computer keyboards.
Ah-hah, I think to myself! At last I know what I will give her for
Christmas. The first weekend after Halloween I went out and found an old
Smith-Corona and got to work.

"The short how-to is thus: in a regular keyboard, each keypress completes a
circuit. There's a little circuit board in there and I mapped all the
connections from one terminal to another. This was then replicated inside
the typewriter by wires going from the circuit board to strips of adhesive
lamé, which contact their counterparts when a key is pressed. Of course,
it's a bit more complicated than that...

http://www.multipledigression.com/type/

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019