Re: RTF conversion and

 It must have something to do with the Macintosh, because I
 regularly convert XY4 files to RTF files so that they can
 be read in MSWord, and I never have a problem. I use the
 Jumbo.U2 function sa/rtf, which produces a file called
 XY42RTF.RTF. I rename this file to whatever, and draw it
 into MSWord, and then save it as a standard MSWord file. I've
 never seen the problem you are describing.

 M.W. Poirier

 P.S.: The only thing is have do, after this conversion, is
 format the footnotes to fit the MSWord page format. It is
 usually just a question of resetting the margins.

----