Re: Irene's query

> > Simply press Alt-Enter once you're in your Windows-XyWrite window, and it will give you a full DOS screen.
>
> That's a reliable method, for most DOS pgm.s There is also (usually, I think) a setting you can change in
> Properties of the desktop icon, to specify a full-screen session.

Sure is.

> (This does not work on laptops, from what
> I've heard.)

No idea.

> Hope I've got this right, as I despise Windows and avoid it as much a possible,

I don't mean to pick on you, Jordan, or anyone else, really. Despise
away!

But it seems to me that it would be wise for members of this list to at
least have a basic familiarity with Windows, if it's the op. sys. they
use.

Clearly you have, but if, more than five years after Win 95 was intro'd
there are people on this list who don't even know about alt-enter, then
something's wrong. You simply _have_ to know what your enivoronment is,
even if you don't particularly like it.

Would anyone on this list, if faced with the chances of, for whatever
reason, making a living in the Antarctic refuse to learn how to
recognize the signs of an impended blizzard because they didn't like
snow?

> only
> occasionally running NT-4. In NT, some DOS stuff does not seem to want to go full-screen, by any other means
> than Alt-Enter.
>
> Jordan

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address:
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)