Re: Diacritics in XW for E-Mail

" You're right BUT thats an English approximation - to write "proper"
" German requires the use of both the Umlaut characters and the "double s"
" (A litiguture or something like that), I guess I should look it up, but
" I'm geting lazy.

	But under spelling reform invoked last year
	the double-s as you call it is no longer to
	be used.
	Quite a controversy and some publishers, notably
	a few newspapers are abandoning the new rules.

				Daniel Say
"
" WooF wrote:
"
" > When one wants to express an umlaut for a German reading
" > e-correspondent, simply put the letter "e" after the vowel you
" > want to umlaut, as in Koeln or fuehrer for Ko[umlaut]ln or
" > fu[umlaut]her.
" >
" > George Scithers of owlswick@xxxxxxxx
"