Re: keyboard glitch

> It happens before I hit the space bar. If the phrase is, e.g.,
> "busman's holiday," I get "busman''s holiday." However, if I say
> "busmen's holiday." it comes out fine. The space bar after the
> apostrophe is the only thing that precludes the double 'pos'. (All
> puctuation keys have the same effect as letter keys.)

Is this what you mean? busman"s holdiay but the busses' express lanes?
Anyway, we have now ruled out, apparently that this has anything to do
with alterations to your speller file. The next step would be to
temporarily rename your customized keyboard as, say, backup.kbd or
whatever and reload your uncustomized, standard-issue keyboard file.
Let us know if this problem persists. If not, it is obvious where the
problem lies. If it does, the mystery, alas, will continue.

> Bruce

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)