Re: TAME and TIME

** Reply to message from "Robert Holmgren"  on Sat, 21 Dec
2002 22:44:45 -0800

Manuel:

Whoa! I just saw *exactly* what you've been describing on my computer. My
system time is 10:08, my XyWrite box says 9:50, now 9:51, now (a minute later)
9:52 -- actual time is 10:10. Let'd diagnose this...

Same behavior in full-screen console session also...

Well, definitely it is Tame that causes your clock update problems. I just put
three Dos boxes side by side on the Desktop, one running under Tame, the other
not (both CMD.EXE), and a third with Tame under COMMAND.COM. The one without
Tame updated in tandem with the system clock, minute for minute, *even* when it
did not have focus (was running in background). The other two lost time.
Lucida, raster, and Sieber fonts -- all same behavior.

Calling  does not fix it. Interestingly, when you shell to DOS, it
inherits the same slow time that XyWrite displayed. Which I guess means that
each DOS session has its own clock... If you immediately EXIT, there is no
update. But taking any action, such as a DIR command, resynchronizes it.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx