INFOWORLD ARTICLE\WFW

TO:ALL FROM:XYQUEST

The recent article in INFOWORLD has generated many questions and concerns both
on this board and from our customer base in general. We regret that we are
unable to directly respond to this article. Both our own business practices
and our relationship with IBM sometimes make it impossible for us to fully
disclose upcoming product plans. Our "silence" should not be misinterpreted as
a lack of concern or interest. In fact, your comments and suggestions are
embodied in the design of XyWrite IV and continue to be very important to us.

With regard to the Word-for-Word product, it is true that a subset of the
conversion filters will be included in XyWrite IV, but not the full set.
XyWrite IV will include all of the Microsoft Word, Multimate and WordPerfect
formats. Some files that are not included are the ASCII formats, Office
Writer, Volkswriter, Lotus Manuscript, FFT, Samna Word IV & IV Plus and Wang
formats. We wanted to make this enhanced version available to customers,
without their having to buy or wait for XyWrite IV. The $25.00 upgrade charge
covers the cost of an improved interface and the additional file conversion
formats. If given this information there are customers who prefer to return
their Word-for-Word upgrade in anticipation of XyWrite IV, we will be happy to
refund the $25.00 upgrade charge. Please address all inquiries about
Word-for-Word to the order department.