Re: Pipe dreams

> Wasn't the signal thing about the Lotus 1-2-3 suit that it held that look-and-feel
> was indeed intellectual property?

I believe so. In any case, I don't have any intellectual property
lawyers to consult; and if I did... well, I don't.

I brought the issue to TTG myself, because I believe that the
intellectual property issues are serious. Yes, I imitated the command
line, and some of the quirkier command mnemonics (ty for type, etc.)
because I wanted to have a multi-file ascii editor with a 'familiar'
interface. I think that the interface is part and parcel of XYWrite. If
TTG objects to my distributing my code, that's OK with me (and no great
loss to the universe, I might add.)

I meant my first post simply to be a warning that intellectual property
issues were real, and that TTG (apparently) takes them quite seriously.

Richard Minutillo
rgm@xxxxxxxx