Re: how to map the tilde ~ key

 > I cannot type a tilde with my keyboard (key 41 I believe). I tried going
> into the file and using ascii number 126 with the control and alt keys
> down-- this prints a tilde such that 41=~ but the keyboard still does not
> produce the required character.

Father Bucko,

Create a file called, e.g., tilde.pgm. Go to the command line
and enter the following pfunc r1  pfunc r2  pfunc
r6 .

If you've done everything right you should see a boldface r1 r2
r6. Save the file. Then, whenever you want the tilde, just run
tilde.pgm. It would be wise, also, to save this to your save-get
file.

F5 ldpm tilde.pgm,t F9
F5 stsgt altkeys.sav F9 (or whatever you called your saveget
file)
F5 ldsgt altkeys.sav F9.

Then, your alt-t will evoke the tilde.

Good luck.