Re: SBS

Carl Distefano  wrote:

> The idea behind SBS is to be able to edit two parts of the same
> document at the same time, in adjacent windows, so that the changes
> you make in one window take effect in the other window (if that's
> what you want).
>
> It may be an unfamiliar concept, because, as far as I know, no other
> word-processor can do it.

Hate to play the role of MS apologist, but Word (at least Word 2000,
which is what I have) can do this, and it does it pretty well, right out
of the box. Simply open a document, and then select "New Window" from
the Window menu. This gives you two windows onto the same document. You
can move to different parts, and all editing changes made in one window
are live in the other, without even having to save the file.

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx