re: XP Keyboard remap question

Otis, I have found a solution for caps-lock/ctrl, but not yet a solution
for alt and ctrl, for example, or something with
the Dell FN key, or the the start menu key. It would be nice
to be able to access those, and perhaps some others.
As far as I can see, XP does have a registry and it does
have the entries you noted. I would be interested in learning
how to work with these.

Two other questions: in the Xy4 window, I've forgotten how to
get the Edit functions of the window (mark, copy, paste) to
appear in the title bar, and I've forgotten how to get the mouse
to be under Xy4's control.
Bill,
if you haven't solved this yet, a couple suggestions. First, poke around the Web for a utility called KeyChange or Intes KeyChange; it works with NT4 and may have been updated for XP.
  Does XP have a Registry like NT4? If so, open it and look for this entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\KeyBoard Layout

If it exists, I can email you instructions for editing it to make the swap.
There are at least two other utilities that work as ctrl<>capslock toggles with NT4, so you should be able to find something. Be careful, though: at least one that I downloaded would only work within an apps window, not on the desktop or in explorer me
  -otis