Re: We should [NOT] > move en masse to Nota Bene (sorry Anne!)

>Can OS/2 (which I have never used, but which I understand is still
running NYC's subway system and hasn't had to be rebooted in 15
years) be run on contemporary hardware as a virtual machine?

OS/2 can be run under Virtual PC. There even was an OS/2 host version of Virtual PC when the product
was owned by Connectix. MS changed that. OS/2 DOS boxes can run DOS applications, but I never liked
them. Windows 3.1 DOS boxes were vastly superior in their look and feel, and responsiveness. I have
even tweaked OS/2 system fonts to suit my custom symbol set within the OS/2 DOS subsystem, but I
gave up. OS/2 never quite made it.

The history of Virtual PC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Virtual_PC

Best regards,

Kari Eveli