Re: CLIPW (Debugging, check list)

Reply to message from Robert Holmgren  (Tue, 11 Jan
2005 16:13:43 -0500)
≪ a Dell Inspiron 4000
All three are running SP2. Of the three, *one* -- just one -- exhibits
the phenomenon  The Dell, however, DOES have this behavior
And I canNOT make it disappear. All three machines have ATI video
adapters of different vintages.≫

Ah, but that adapter in the Dell may not be simon-pure ATI. Dell has a
nasty habit of getting its components from name-brand companies but
having them OEMed so that they are subtly different from the standard
models. The standard name-brand drivers won't work, and they apparently
exhibit different behaviors. Of course, you did say "different vintages"
but there are different grapes in there too, I bet.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx