Re: VPC DOS Box Font Package

>Screen fonts, right, Kari? Not printer fonts?

Right. These are for Win 3.1 DOS boxes, a replacement for the WIN 3.1 system.ini [386Enh]
woafont=dosapp.fon.

Then there is another font alternative for windowed VPC sessions under plain DOS. What I use (for
custom symbol sets) is PC Mag Michael J. Mefford's Fontedit. This should work under DOSBox, too.
Make a font (a small COM file) using this, load it in a batch file before Xy, and you should get a
custom font in Xy.

Fontedit and a set of compatible DOS fonts can be downloaded from:
http://s3.pirillo.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/DOSfonts.zip

A more advanced DOS screen font editor is Font Edit ][ version 2 by Ivan Llanas.
http://www.geocities.ws/ivan_llanas/software/fontedit2.html (The download link at the bottom of this page is broken).
Download from: http://www3.telus.net/anapan8/feditii.zip
I have not used this, but it looks promising.

If you want to change the keyboard at the DOS prompt level, consider the FreeDOS Keyb by Aitor
Santamaria Merino. Very versatile and can be added to MS DOS without any problems.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx