Re: Diacritics in XW for E-Mail

At 10:30 AM 6/27/01 +1000, Wolfgang Bechstein wrote:
>Similar arguments are being used against abolishing the upper case/lower
>case distinction in German ("ich habe in moskau liebe genossen" can mean

Yep. Or "wenn fliegen fliegen fliegen fliegen hinter fliegen her."

>ambiguities exist in every language, reformed spelling or not, and they
>are usually easily resolvable by context.

But that is no reason to open the door for a whole flood of new
ambiguities, when we have a perfectly fine, working, and established system
for avoiding them. And just why should every language be spelled like English?

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)