Re: XyWrite & Windows 2000

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Tue, 08 Oct 2002
12:53:16 -0400

> Wouldn't an Xcopy32 with the /h switch do the job without the erunt?

Try it, but I'm dubious. Win2K won't touch the Registry files.

> you need /c to keep going past "errors" such as not being able
> to copy the swap file.

But it's precisely those errors that you want to avoid, or at least know about.
If you're going to back up bootdrive, what's the point if you don't get
everything? Swap file, right, you don't need it, ditto temporary internet
cache files; but all the others you do need. If you tried to restore the whole
drive, you'd be out of luck without, say, the Registry.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx