Chapbook creation

Ah, now I see what you mean. You want a program that will do page
imposition for you. I think there are some minicomputer oriented
programs that do that for commercial printing operations, but usually
you're talking much bigger pages (as with newspapers) or many small
pages per signature (as with books). 2-up page imposition for 8-1/2 by
5-1/2 pages is a lot less in demand. You couldn't do it on Ventura 2.0
but conceivably the capability was added in a more recent upgrade. You
might call the Ventura Hotline at 214-436-2616. It's for registered
users but I'm sure they'll tell you the number to call if you just want
to find out more about the capabilities of the program.
  It's possible somebody has written a page imposition utility
for Pagemaker. You might inquire on CompuServe's Aldus forum (GO
ALDUS). Sorry I couldn't be of more help.