RECLAIMING AL

XY-> <2) You could reclaim the Alt keys by moving the entire Alt key
 ->        Great idea! I'll have to try that tonight. I sort of lost hope on the Alt
 -> keys after TTG tech support told me the XyWin dependence on Alt was hard
 -> coded. I hadn't though of your "radical" workaround. Thanks.

In some way, remapping the alt keys is a drag in the Windows
version. I always preferred the alt keys for a fast define, which
doesn't work directly in Windows; but even though the remapping
worked, it kept generating error beeps that were annoying.

I prefer my old 3.55 and use it in a Window for anything long,
but I find Win XyWrite okay if I'm just writing a short note.
Among the Windows version other problems, for me, is the screen
artifacts in its pretty mode and the horrid screen fonts in the
extended views.

---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx