Re: UNDERLN

Dear Mr. Hartman:

Underline.exe only effects modes 1 and 9 by adding an underline to each of
these two modes. In order to access these two modes as the underline attribute
you must assign them in the printer file as MD UL=1 or MD UL=9, unfortunately
sometimes these mode are very light and/or a broken underline as in your case.
This situation is normal XyWrite only adds underline to these modes, it does
not check the colors or shades for legibility.

Application note 145 does mention that it is possible to change the colors
associated with modes 1 and 9 before loading XyWrite. In order to accomplish
these changes one would need to refer to the documentation which accompanies
the graphic board hardware. This switching of mode colors on the VGA card will
probably require some programming, I recommend contacting the VGA card
manufacturer for more detailed information.

In regards to the problem you experienced on Sunday with our phone lines. We
are aware of the problems that our users have been having, unfortunately these
problems have been intermittent from time to time making it difficult to track
the problem. Within the next couple of weeks we will be installing a new system
(386sx) and a couple of new high quality modems. We hope this will solve the
problem and again we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

                          Brian