Re: Pleading Paper

Reply to note from "Jim Lawhon"  Sun, 15 Sep 2002
18:00:06 -0700

> I have been successfully printing legal pleadings with xywrite
> (both dos and windows versions) for about 20 years.
>
> Plain paper in, a perfect document on pleading paper
> (everything perfectly aligned) out.

Welcome! Glad you found us. (How did you find us, BTW?)

Are you a California lawyer, Jim? By "pleading paper", do you mean
ruled left and right margins with line numbers down the left-hand
side? The challenge being to match up lines of text with line
numbers? That has always struck me as a particularly sadistic
requirement of California practice. How many hours (and reams of
paper) have been wasted getting it right?

Or, when you say "Plain paper in, ... pleading papers out", do you
mean you use XyWrite to print the vertical rules and line numbers
along with text?

In any case, I'd be interested to hear more about your system.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx