Re: CLIP Woes [Plus double cursor]

At 12/29/2004 12:48 PM -0500, Michael Norman wrote:
double cursor returned...
1. I REMed TAME from AUTOEXEC.NT, rebooted, started XY, invoked CLIP, and still had the double cursor. TAME is NOT the cause.
2. Not sure what to debug next.
Addendum: I tried the VBS installation, careful to register AutoItX3.dll
and to locate it in Windows system folder, making sure the "V" was selected
in the CLIP stanza of XyWWWEB.REG and checking to see that CLIP.VBS was in
the same DIR as EDITOR.EXE.
Result: the same: As soon as I select text, then WC [COPY] it, the last
line of pixels in my block cursor starts to blink, as if a thin, blinking
underscore had been pasted on to the bottom of the block cursor. Then when
I WP [PASTE], the blinking-underscore moves from the bottom of the cursor
to the point of insertion of the text, again staying that exact position on
screen in every open file, or DIR listing -- in short anything on screen --
throughout the XY session. To put it another way, wherever on screen a
command was issued for the CLIP routine, I got a second cursor, a blinking
underscore.
Michael Norman