Re: OT: Missing Bookmarks

FF ver 3.x Bookmarks are no longer *directly* backward compatible with
Ver 2x.  You can export them out of version 3 in a form that is usable
in Ver 2.x

I'm using 3.1b2 which is later than you have. In that if you go View
Sidebar bookmarks/history you will find them in the form you always had
under 2.x  Click on unsorted Bookmarks, and they will be at the bottom
as the last ones you added.  BTW it took me a while to discover this as
bookmarks were the most frustrating thing about the new version. Once
you get used to the new way it's fine.

If you go back to the folder that FF Ver 2 was in (varies as to
Operating system) search for bookmarks.* in Ztree you will see a number
of bookmark backup files.  Once you get used to 3 yo will never go back
to Ver2.  Advise upgrading to 3.1b2.

You should also download and install noscript
http://noscript.net/?ver=1.8.8.8&prev=1.8.8.5

Cheers
Nev

J R FOX wrote:
I know this is OT, but FF & TB topics do come up here occasionally, to say nothing of Eudora files et al. (A more technically-oriented and wider-ranging List that I subscribe to has been down for awhile . . . . ) In an inattentive moment, I let the final FireFox 2.x upgrade itself to ver. 3.05. Ordinarily, I probably would have tried to get it on as a separate install, retaining both versions for awhile, if at all possible. The new version has improved security and other features, but is a much less mature product, and quite a few extensions (Add-Ons) for 2.x are not compatible with it. Anyway, now 16 of my most recent bookmarks have "gone missing", so far as any outside bookmark file inspection -- as by ZTree or Xy -- can reveal. When I fire up FF-3, they are still there, in the expected order, and they still work. This bothers me, not the least reason being for backup purposes. The first thing I thought of was our old friend Hex-1A, a.k.a. the premature EOF marker. No sign of that, however. Duplicate bookmark files squirreled away somewhere else ? Can't find anything like that either. I think I recall a mention somewhere that FF was moving away from HTML/XML/XUL towards the use of SQL, for certain things. If that's not it, I'm stumped for the moment. Ideas ? Jordan