Re: glitch putting Xywrite on Windows XP

Reply to note from Lynn Brenner  Thu, 4
Aug 2011 14:53:43 -0400

> Bingo!!!!!
>
> That worked perfectly.
>
> Thank you so much!!
>
> If you have time, I'd be interested to know why you think this
> immediately worked and the previous shortcut didn't. My own
> assumption in these cases is that the computer is unaccountably
> cranky. Is there a more scientific explanation?

You're launching XyWrite from a PIF, where programs run under
COMMAND.COM (the DOS command interpreter), as opposed to a LNK,
where programs run under CMD.EXE (the more powerful Windows command
interpreter). The original command invoked CMD.EXE -- an apples-and-
oranges situation. You can Google these terms, obviously, for a
fuller explanation.

Does the thesaurus work now?

--
Carl Distefano