Dictionaries

Dear SysOp,

I have a couple of questions; can you please reply to them in total.

I am using XY4 (4.011) with the PCLEXAM dictionaries and spellers with both the
US and Francais dictionaries often switching from one to the other in the same
document.

I have a serious problem with the personal dictionary(ies) in that setup as
words are added indiscriminately to the dictionaries. Similar words sometimes
have slightly different spelling in the two languages, the spelling checking is
of no use as it produces just pure nonsense (French spelling in English text or
vice-versa) . Is there a way to have a separate personal speller for each
language that XY4 will associate automatically with the UD default.

Second, how does XY4 handle automatic hyphenation in such a setup. If I
understand the manual (Making the Transition, page 20) properly XY4 uses only
the main spelling dictionaries for hyphenation (Right ? does it mean that I can
get rid of DICT.HYP). Does it imply that I have to specify proper hyphenation
in the personal dictionaries ? (This is what the Signature manual says - XY4 is
silent on the subject). As the hyphenation may also be different in the two
languages, how do I handle such a situation ?.

Finally, I heard that the new DOS XyWrite upgrade (version 4.014) will ship in
about two weeks; how can I order a copy.

My problem with system hang in Thesaurus (R)eplace (French dictionnary -
PCLEXAM) is still present; have removed practically everything, no EMS. The
problem is with XY4 ! I have given up any hope of solving THIS problem.

Regards --Michel