Re: Electronic Mail?

I don't bother with the built-in printer drivers. It is simple enough to write
a short XPL program that does the conversion exactly as you want it.
 In fact you can record it as you do the conversion in XY4. The advantage is
that you can include it in a more comprehensive program that combines all the
conversions you do.

If you are not into XPL programming, perhaps someone can send you such a
program. I will be glad to do so when I return to the US late this month.
 The terminal in England does not have a working floppy drive. If you don't
have a solution by the 20th, send me a reminder.

I also keep a copy of the old PC-WRITE 3 on my hard disk for text editor tasks
such as e-mail when I am in a hurry and don't want to load XY4. It loads
instantaneously on a reasonably fast computer, and produces files with a hard
return at the end of every line, but justifying as it goes and as you edit.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia PA 19104-3325