Re: Unix and XyWrite and whatnot

Harmon Seaver:

>admits they won't have anything that fast for two years! Next thing I
>knew, I did something I never, ever, dreamed I would do -- I went and
>bought a new PowerMac. Me? I used to laugh more at Mac users than windoz
>losers.

I have been using Mac for years as game machines for the kiddos, as
well as to create the occasional Japanese document. Recently, I found
out that the new Mac System comes with a converter that understands
XY format and converts it better than XY4->RTF->Worgh. Well, what do you
know. Anyhow, the more Windoze 9x becomes intransparent and covered
with layers of graphics obfuscation, the better the Mac looks. At least
it basically keeps what it promises.

>   And you know what else? XY works absolutely great on the Mac too.
>Flawlessly. So do almost any DOS or windoz apps. Know what else? I run
>OS/2 Warp 4 on my Mac as well, in a little window on my Mac desktop. You

I thought those emulation programs were no good. Maybe time to give
it a try.

>   Incredible! Know what else? I absolutely love my Mac. That's the
>way a GUI is meant to be. Yeah, I know, MacOS has a way to go in some

If OSes were cars, DOS would be VW beetle; when it breaks down,
just open the hood and fix it. Mac would be a Rolls Royce -- very
smoothly, but you can not look under the bonnet. Windoze 9x would
be a combination... breaks frequently, but you can't get to the
engine...

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the -if he-
--if 'is' means is and never has been that is not -- that is one thing.
--If it means there is none, that was...true." Bill Clinton, 8/17/98