install

>From Morris,

   Thanks very much for all the tips on installing Xy4 and I learnt some
valuable information in the process.
 Eventually I fathomed how to unzip the XY4.zip from Brian Henderson's
website onto four separate floppy 3.5's. The first hurdle was to put a disk
in the Cd Rom drive. Installation was completed from the A drive by
inserting the various disks when requested. The fourth disk with the file
Graybear stalled after the message, installation complete. I fortunately had
a copy of xy4018 which replaced xy4016.
 I have added xywwweb.u2 and xywwweb.inf which I am pleased to say works
without a hitch and gives the versatility to xy4.
 I am curious to know what files are contained in Graybear.001 in case my
installation is not quite complete.

   In London on my way back to South Africa, I purchased some interesting
books: "The Man Who Loved Only Numbers", the biography of Paul Erdos, the
mathematician. For those experts on accents, the correct spelling of Erdos
requires what looks like a quotation mark on top of the "o".

   "The Book of Nothing" by John D Barrow, showing the importance of zero,
space and the vacuum in all spheres of life. I purchased this book because
at present I regard doing nothing intelligently as life's best kept secret.
I am going to add more regarding this and serendipity in my website,
morriskrok.com. Serendipity means stumbling on important truths without
seeking for such information or making an effort in that direction. In other
words as nothing or additional was done, it falls under the topic of
nothingness. The need for a certain program and how it should be written in
many cases suddenly flashed on the programmers mind. All true artists and
innovative writers are inspired by that unexpected gleam of light. Creation
of this nature is therefore sourced from the nothingness of the mind.

  "In Code" by sixteen year old Irish girl, Sarah Flannery developed
through mathematics, letter and number cipher codes, a unique encrypting
program for sending information over the web. Details, I believe regarding
this can be found on www.cayley-purser.ie.
 All these books are British produced so I do not know whether they are
available in the USA or have American editions.