Re: whoever has IV on ebay

The manuals are important. I consult them about twice a
week. Seriously. So I don't at all disparage Adam's selling the whole
package.

It's probably true that you can get the software off the web for free.

But what you can't download is the firmly bound manuals (which are pristine, by the way, not even creased because I never used them) which include the very chunky Command Reference Guide (a few hundred pages), a thick Customisation Guide and a smaller manual dealing specifically with differences between 3 and 4 (and two other manuals as well!).

Yes, OK, I suppose you can probably download an e-version of these somewhere, and even print them out, but it's not the same, is it?

If you want the books, you gotta buy the box.

(Hard sell over. Thanks for listening.)

adam

> I think Xy4 can be picked up off the web for free. I don't
> know the copyright status. It's ambiguous.

>> can't find the blasted post/thread from the gentleman in Australia
>> selling the IV package...
>>
> ...in any case, if you see this, I wish to buy it - now that I
>> understand, thanks to Harry and others, that IV is just fine, even better
>> than III. I would prefer not to pay the $60 shipping from Australia, but
>> I remember you saying you might be able to bring it to the U.S. to then
>> send it.
>>
> I will bid on it on ebay if I have to, but I'm concerned that if I do
>> that, I might get locked into the shipping price stated there.
>>
> Please feel free to PM me or answer me on the list; your choice. I'm, of
>> course, hoping to avoid a bidding war, but I'm kinda assuming there won't
>> be very many crazies like me who would like the whole package as it was
>> originally (this will probably be the third time I have bought IV, and
>> that's not even counting twice for NB and at least once for III....that's
>> what happens when you move all over the place, and then entrust your old
>> PC to a small-town computer shop which promptly "loses" your
>> hard-drive; stuff keeps getting lost that you think you'll never use
>> again...)
>>
> Best, Charles in Arizona
>
> Harry Binswanger
> hb@xxxxxxxx