Voice Recognition

Voice recognition is finally here! See the October issue of Discover magazine
(page 66). It is called the IBM Personal Dictation System. IBM won Discovers
computer software technology award. As the article go on to say "... this
system can now be hooked up to desktop computers operating an Intel 486 or
Pentium chip, and its retail price is under $1,000." The package comes with
the IBM Personal Dictation Adapter card, the software and a microphone. The
system can even distinguish between word usage such as to, too and two.

I did not read when the product will be available however, past award winners
products showed up at retail outlets about 3 to 6 months after appearing in the
magazine.

Hopefully, IBM will realize what a great product this is. If they bring the
price down (as opposed to trying to make up the R&D cost in the first quarter)
Microsoft, I mean IBM may become a household word.

Richard M. de'Caneva