Re: A MODEST PROPOSAL

I think that the policies for the list are already clear about the need
for moderation in reproducing previous texts in new messages (see the
document that you received on first subscribing). The subscribers of this
list seems to be especially good about following that caveat. But with
the question of ordering, can't we leave it to personal taste? I prefer
to see the correspondence laid out chronologically, with the "cue" of the
old text ahead of the new text. (In a civic spirit, I'm doing the
opposite here.) So long as the snippets are not wasteful, can't we have
it both ways?

-- Carlo Caballero
ccaball@xxxxxxxx