Re: Dos Box creepers and more

michael.norman@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Wonder if XP path to windows files needs something else.
>
> Am I managing XP memory properly for XY?

I never got much value out of trying to put program PATH type stuff into
AUTOEXEC.NT, even for DOS programs. Quite often, you need to modify the
System Environment variable, which was buried in a fairly obscure location in
NT or W2K. I couldn't give you directions to it from memory, though I think
Robert mentioned it recently, nor can I extrapolate to XP, which I don't and
won't use. Ditto for the memory settings. If the XP'ers are lucky, it still
involves settings at the program object (desktop shortcut, in Win -- though
bear in mind that there have been a couple varieties of these, which expose
different settings options), not too disimilar from the memory settings
entered for the one in W98.

Jordan