Re: XyWrite was cool even in South Africa

Reply to note from Manuel Castelao  Sat, 29 Dec
2012 01:24:15 +0100

> It is amazing for me, as XyWriter, the current success of Zen
> editors and no-distraction screens. They are reinventing the
> wheel...

Yes, indeed, Manuel. Although, truth be told -- dare I say this
here? -- having been forced for years to use WordPerfect and, now,
Word at work, I generally have no trouble ignoring the top part of
the screen and concentrating on my writing. If a particular passage
requires close editing or intensive text manipulation, I do switch
to XyWrite, of course. And if I'm really stuck, staring at a blank
screen and getting nowhere fast, I abandon the computer altogether
and rough things out on foolscap with a fountain pen. (A ballpoint
or rollerball won't do.) The more desperate I am, the lower-tech I
become.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx