XYENC/XYDEC programs

I just made a pair of programs called XYENC and XYDEC available via my web
site. To get them, go to

http://basspad.com/xywrite/

and download the second file listed (xyenc093.zip).

If you write reasonably complex XPL programs, or occasionally want to
understand someone else's XPL programs, I think these programs may be of
interest to you. Documentation is included in the zip file.

Rather than bore you with a description of what these programs are for, I
suggest downloading the zip file, unzipping it into a directory, and then
using XyWrite to look at a file called

ENCODE.PM

which is a help frame containing the XPLNCODE program by RJH, and is
'lifted' from the 119 xywwweb.u2 release. Then look at the file called

ENCODE.ENC

which is the same program, encoded by XYENC, and in a format which I think
is considerably easier to read.

XYDEC encode.enc  produces an exact copy of the original
ENCODE.PM file.

If you don't think that ENCODE.ENC is a useful representation of the
ENCODE.PM, then you probably can scrub the whole zip file. If you think
that such a representation might be useful to you then you can look at the
0readme.txt file and see what else is there, and proceed as you may.

Comments appreciated.

Wally Bass

PS: the current version is 0.93, which the usual open source parlance
means "prior to version 1.0". But the programs are pretty robust at this
point, IMO, and I don't expect much in the way of bugs. I've used the
programs to encode and decode the entire xywwweb.u2 file, and it does so
without errors. Also, I've used used the programs to encode and then
decode about 15 MB of arbitrary data from a zip file, and the decode
matches the original perfectly. But please let me know if you find bugs.

PPS: comments from Carl/Robert, as to whether you would want to/be willing
to host this program on serve.com/xywwweb would also be appreciated.