SmartSet

Thanks to Nathan Sivin for making my collection of XPL programs, called
SmartSet (SMARTS23.ZIP), available for downloading.

SmartSet consists of 40+ XPL routines in a ready-to-load
U2 customization file. The routines are divided into three groups: desktop
utilities (a date calculator, world time, the Manhattan cross-street locator,
many others), file & window management routines (shortcuts for opening, closing
and navigating among files, a "Resume" fea ture that's better than the
factory-issue resume, a file- find routine, a file comparison utility, etc.),
and a grabbag of editing tools (a "smart" placemarker routine, a couple of
writing-style checkers, a tool for creating format styles on the fly, and
others).

Setup is quick and easy. On-line help is available for
Xy4 [DOS] users. And copious notes on use are provided in a documentation file
-- my personal manifesto on Xy customization. Feedback welcome. Enjoy!

                  -- Carl Distefano