RE: How-To List (Properties Settings)

I don't, as yet, know that Xy will be usable on (extra) large files.
I was just very surprised that it would open them at all.
Previously, anything over 7.4meg and Xy would SEEM to open it, but that as far as it would get.
It would be locked-up and had to be 3-fingered to death.
That fact that you can still maneuver at all within a 15meg file is a revelation.

But you're probably right, Patricia.
It's likely not stable enough to risk using on "real" work.

-BH

-----Original Message----- From: Patricia M. Godfrey

> Still Later:
> I then maxed out the memory values and called inbox again. Still got
> the disk full message (minimized Xy and took a look in Windows
> Explorer; the newest file was 4104 K), and generally flaky
> behavior (an attempt to abort seemed to create a huge RM command,
> which Xy couldn't recognize; now with my fumble-fingered typing
> anything is possible, but then F5--Clear command line--didn't work
> either, so I had to resort to the 3-fingered salute). So I reset my
> memory properties to the former values, which have worked pretty well
> for some time.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.