Re: Question on VA@ parsing

Carl wrote:
XS is slightly faster in my tests -- by less than one-thousandth of
a second on my ancient Pentium 200. Time it for yourself. After
decoding, DeFine each example, (A) and (B), below, then issue
ITER 1000 to time 1000 iterations. Do this several times
and average the durations, then take the difference between the two
averages. Divide by 1000 to get the difference for a single
iteration.
ITER is surpassing cool. Yes, XS is 1/3 faster. And easier for me to
program, too.

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Binswanger