Re: Programming challenge: Undo

Reply to note from Michael Norman  Wed, 18
Jun 2008 20:43:05 -0400

Michael:

> Wow! SAVEBAK.

Ha. Better late than never. It's been around since before Xy4. I
"ported" it, as they say, from Xy3, which means it's old enough to
vote.

Check out AUTOFILE, too. AF. It's not well-documented, I
admit, but the concept is simple. Useful, I find.

Oh, I forgot USAVE. Unlimited Save. This one *is* documented; issue
HELP USAVE for details. Backups upon backups upon... <==
(ellipsis used to indicate infinite series). Because disk space is
cheap.

And don't forget Robert's SBS. SideBySide. Edit a single file in two
(or more) places simultaneously (in different windows); merge or
discard changes at will. I use it daily.

Have fun.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx