Re: Word conversion of Xywrite files?

>Dear Xywrite fans: If I have to convert Xywrite files to Word, does Word have
>that capacity , or do I need to purchase Winport or some other program to the
>job? If so, how well does Winport work, and what kind of support do they give?
>Thanks, Art Levine.

"Word" can read the pure text files that you produce with your "strip"
printer file. If you want to import formatted XY files, you should get
a XY version with file conversion, i.e. XY-4 or XY-Win. The Technology
Group will be happy to sell you that, although they'll routinely try
to charge that ludicrious moon price (over USD 500), if you don't
explicitely demand to buy it as "upgrade" for USD 130 or so. (A policy
that apparently makes sense to somebody, although I'd be curious
to know to whom.)

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--"In China, the President continues to coddle aging rulers with a
--dangerous contempt for democracy and a desire for nuclear weapons"
--William Jefferson Clinton, 1992