Re: newcomer, questions

Reply to note from "tom horton"  Mon, 27 Aug 2001
19:48:45 +0200

> I use the se command lots and wonder whether there's any way to
> modify it to look through subdrctries.

I prefer to use grep or a similar utility to search through
subdirectories. I particularly like MiniTrue, a freeware DOS utility
(download at http://www.pagesz.net/~minitrue/) which can emulate grep.
(Grep, a Unix term, stands for "Globally search for a Regular Expression
and Print the lines containing matches to it.") Search results can be
redirected to a file, and this result file can then be viewed in XyWrite
or any other text editor.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx