More Xy4 Problems

Your suggestion to add a MODE command to my autoexec.bat solved my printer
problem (I actually added it to the BAT file that starts XY4). I have two new
problems: I have tried to open a WP51 file. After conversion the file appeared
in the draft and expanded view to be properly translated. However, in the
graphic view and when I print the file, it contains many high-bit ASCII
characters which, I assume, were WP51 formatting commands. How do I delete
them? My second problem relates to STARTUP.INT. I want to add a command to
turn on Auto-Check. However, when I insert AC or XH AC, STARTUP.INT tends to
go into and endless loop which I stop with CTRL-BREAK. How do I turn on
Auto-Check at startup?