Re: Footnotes/End notes formatting

Michael Norman wrote:
make non-fiction books more reader-friendly, publishers who feel that general readers -- rather than specialized readers, which is to say, scholars -- are annoyed by those little numbers that keep popping up at the end of sentences,
Oh, for pity's sake. I learned to make footnotes in High School
(and to understand them when I found them in books). How much
more must we change the traditions of hundreds if not thousands
of years to accommodate the refusal of the so-called educational
system to educate?
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx