Re: XPL questions

Robert Holmgren wrote:
I see only varieties of brackets, braces, parens,
apostrophes, and Rexx /* comments */.
 Oh. So Balpairs won't help me find unbalanced guillemets? I could have
sworn there was a U2 routine that did. Let me look some more.
This is where the  comes in. The  is simply an ordinary XPL
frame that parses the command line into two components: framename and
argument(s). It puts the framename in VAriable $FR, and it puts the
argument(s) in Save/Get 50.

Aha! THAT was what I didn't grasp.
> When you are told that "SX requires a number", it's because you took no step to get your argument into S/G 50 in the first place! I.e., you didn't use the to launch your frame,<
Yes, but didn't you say in PARSEFRM.DOC that there was a way to make a
program runnable either standalone (with RUN myprog.pm XC from the
Commandline) or as a U2 frame? That's what I was trying to do (obviously
 in a wrong way), beacause I want to debug the routine before putting
it in a frame in U2. But if you need the Helpkey to get the "argument
insert" as it used to be called into SG50, it won't be there if you just
RUN the PM. All right, let me experiment some more and see if I can work
it out. And many thanks. I do know it's my error; profound grovelling.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg.2eskimo.com