Re: redirecting LPT1 to a USB printer

Paul,
I know network adapters are standard on laptops, so I assumed they are on desktops too. But if it doesn't say something like "Ethernet NIC" in the Device Name column in Network Connections (control panel), then you ain't got one.

Harry
Under newworks and connections I have a LAN set up but that is the ADSL USB modem again. And no, there is nothing that looks like a phone jack but slightly larger, or if there is I've never noticed.

Best wishes

Paul

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx