Re: vDOS success... but no LFN

Wengier,

Yes, I can load Tame 4.41, but it doesn't seem to allow for what I want: control over the display of colors, italics, bold, font-size (only 2 or 3 options on this, but better than nothing.

I've emailed David Thomas, who wrote and supports Tane, on this. I suspect that the later versions of Tame that I need will not work with vDOS-lfn, because those later versions of Tame require an NT-flavored program.

FYI, here's a screen shot of what I can get with non-vDOS XyWrite and Tame 6.0c:
http://www.hblist.com/p/XyTame.jpg; eudora="autourl"> http://www.hblist.com/p/XyTame.jpg

Regards,
Harry

Hi Harry,

If you do a DIR of C: from the vDos-lfn command line (not from within XyWrite) and cannot see long file names, please make sure the line "Win95LFN=Yes"  is present in the file 4DOS.INI located in the same directory as vDos-lfn.exe. In this case both LFNs and SFNs will be listed with the DOS DIR command. If you still cannot see LFNs, could you please upload a screenshot of the DIR command so I can check it too? Thanks.

Wengier