Re: The Signature Pen

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Jon Huber wrote:

> Tim & All,
>
> I am delighted to report I annotated and initialed my latest book contract
> with the Signature pen won in the Tim Baehr XyWrite list lottery. The
> contract was actually signed with a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck No. 149, the
> true XyWrite of writing instruments.
>
> Best,
> Jon

Like many quirky people who would rather stick to XyWrite than
switch to Microsoft Word, I would not touch the Mont Blanc
Meisterstuck 149. I was once given a 149 as a present, and paid a
fortune to have the nib ground for italic writing (another quirk),
but the pen leaked so horribly and which the company could not set
it right. I would not touch with the proverbial barge pole. So,
yet another quirk is my Aurora Optima with its calligraphic nib, now
near perfect after I sent it to the company to customise it. All
three -- XyWrite, italic writing, and the Aurora Optima -- have
become part of my life ...

M.G.G. Pillai
pillai@xxxxxxxx