Re: Refresh of XyWWWeb.U2 v119 (15 September 2006)

No, it should -- indeed, MUST -- be SX. SV is for strings. SX is
for interpreted expressions. A concatenation -- such as
++ or, what amounts to the same thing,
"""+@UPR()+""" -- is an expression requiring interpretation.
Hence, SX.
I see. It makes sense that if *any* of the expression requires
interpretation, then all of it does. I was focusing on the fact (if it is a
fact) that """ isn't something that needs interpreting.
The problem with your snippet is in "@UPR()". ""
presumes that S/G 50 has content (or, at a minimum, is initialized
()).
Oh. I wondered vaguely about that, but didn't test it. Yeah, I just tried
it by prepending a content for 50, and it, of course, worked.
When you run the snippet with RUNCODE, S/G 50 is
initialized, fortuitously, by frame PrsCMline (which is launched
when you hit ). Hence, it works.

Ah, I never would have thought about PrsCMline being involved.

Thanks, Carl.
Make sense?

Yes. Thanks for explaining it.

Harry Binswanger