Re: converting Xywrite text files en masse to Word?

"But in the new computers
you buy today, there's no allowance for an MS-DOS program..."

Gee, I've got XyWrite running in WinXP.

I don't know if xy-provided the conversion programs also work, because I haven't tried. But I did
write a mass conversion utility for Xy4DOS, which should be somewhere in the archives.

When I get a chance, I'll investigate....

Also, remember this tip if you have access to other conversion software: Rich text (RTF) is a good
"universal" intermediary between lots of different word processors (even WordPad).
WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS is even better, if you can find conversions at both ends (for instance, save
the Xy files as WP5.1 from within Xy and then convert the WP5.1 files to Word or RTF using
Conversions Plus or similar).

Tim Baehr