Re: a deeper question

>   In any case, most of my word-processing work is self contained on
> my own system, so I can happily use XyWrite without any problems from
> anyone else. But from time to time, I have to give something I have
> written to someone else, and they almost always use another word
> processor, usually Word Perfect. Only once has that someone else ever
> used XyWrite. > >  To be sure, there are conversion programs available, but they
> almost always have to be cleaned up after the fact. If the writing
> includes footnotes, it's a real mess.

Which conversion programs have you tried or not tried? The
reason I ask, I've heard that WordPort generally does a better
job with NB files than W4W or Software Bridge (except perhaps
where AmiPro is involved).
Before changing wordprocessors, I'd want to see if there wasn't a
better conversion program out there somewhere. FWIW.

Mike

  Michael O'Brien      mto@xxxxxxxx
Lincoln, MA