Re: Editor / Formatter

GOCH@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I can only hope that whatever TTG does with XyWrite, it does not
> destroy Xy's excellence as an editor. But as one of you recently
> observed, XyWrite 4.017 isn't going to wear out.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  I think it already has -- it won't do unix documents, Mac documents,
or anything but DOS filenames and pathnames. And probably never will.
Starwriter, OTOH, imports and exports those formats effortlessly, gives
you true WYSIWYG for even HTML, and also, again, effortlessly, saves
files in *true*, clean ASCII, not requiring loading strip.prn, tyf, then
reformatting the file to clean it up in a true text editor, reloading
your regular printer file, etc. It also won't ever be a native app in
anything but DOS/windoz. That's worn out.
  Sure, you can still type in it -- I have a Brother electronic
typewriter here I bought before I bought my first computer. It still
works fine, I can type on it too. But I don't. 8-)
  I don't mind old -- I drive a '73 VW bus, but with a '81 2 liter
engine, so it can go 70 mph all day long. I expect my wordprocessor to
keep up with the traffic as well.

--
Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am in here -- and you